ALL ART IS AMBIGUOUS with out predetermined context as all humans come to the scene with their own set of experiences and prejudices and perceptions. No two people will see the work the same way (even with some contextual information) although of course, there may be similar interpretations due to similar social back grounds and common shared experiences.
VTS offers a model to utilize (almost celebrate) ambiguity. VTS honors each individual insight and link ideas together to deepen learning. It promotes “good thinking” and goes beyond that to create more dialogical conversation with in the classroom. With out ambiguity, this would not be possible.
When I read this article I almost felt like I was reading the interpretations of a stage 4 or 5 viewer. It actually made the article less exciting in a way. In talking about ambiguity, the article itself was not ambiguous at all.... ;)
Well said, love it! I wish, ever-so-selfishly, that you were close enough to attend our occasional on campus meetings.
ReplyDelete