Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Capacities... better late than never.

   Well. This is an interesting sheet to reflect upon because for me the capacities are contextual.  Although as a general response, I would give myself 2's all the way down (I've been doing this a long time)  there are always exceptions.  I feel its important to never rest in a place which exempts me from struggles.  To do that would likely lock me into one way of doing/experiencing and perceiving  things.  What kind of artist and further teacher, would that make me?
    So, because this is a contextual statement, I shall relate it to my concentration #3.  Over all, if I were to apply the capacities to this drawing, most would be 2's.  However, that said, this drawing is about my younger daughter.  Its is titled "Dreaming Veyda" it is a part of my series of manifestation drawings and it is a vision of her possible futures.  My second daughter is VERY different that the first. (That one the imagery flowed and was graceful in its appearance)  Veyda is so full of varying potentials I have had many an hour of pacing and talking (to myself)and sitting in front of this piece.  ITS BEEN DIFFICULT.  What I like though, is in this difficulty I KNOW there are seeds of potential.  But..... I'm having trouble tolerating the ambiguity of this piece.  That does not happen often, but because this piece is so close to my heart, it really forces me to turn inside and simultaneously step outside myself to allow the image to transform and emerge.
   I find when I struggle, it challenges me to grow.  1's are actually medicine and a growth stimulant....
   Searching for compelling images for this piece has also been a challenge.  I have found talking with Veyda, following her around, RELATING to her, (yet standing back)  it is in these moments, Ive had many "AH HA!" moments.
   SO it is with each process.

No comments:

Post a Comment