In designing my unit, I am pondering many possibilities.... I am wondering if anyone has experience putting up a series of related images (say related by the big idea, or a sub group which are theme related) and using the vts process to look at them all at once. Would this stray too far from Housens and Yenawines ideas? Has any one tried this? I curious...... kinda want to try it.... Thoughts? Any alarms going off?
Funny you should ask.....you will be doing just that in Week 9 with a pair of images, so your thinking is right on target! I don't recall that we've ever done exactly this in any of my trainings, but I've witnessed VTS participants in museum settings make observations of a work based on works hanging beside that work or in close proximity; and participants often compare a work to a related work they've seen before, even if it isn't visible at the moment of the discussion,so I think we would have the VTS blessing. (Now, just because you aren't designed to do it until Week 9 doesn't mean you can't take it for a test drive!)
ReplyDelete