Sunday, November 11, 2012

Artistic Thinking/Studio stuff, glass etc Week 12

OK.  First try.  Not too bad for having created a floral in about three years.

     So if you can imagine painting with glass that is fluid, somewhere in the 1700 degree range (give or take) and building from the inside out, you have my technical challenge .  This is also an Italian soft glass.  I know, what the heck does that mean?  It means it is more sensitive to temperature fluctuation and there for prone to cracking or exploding if temperatures range to much.
   Of course, now that Ive gotten my feet wet (or fingers hot if were going to be literal), I cant wait to get in there and do it again!
    I am also envisioning drawings.  Im in trouble though.  There will be a battle between getting class work and making art!
The orb is about 2.5 inches across.

No comments:

Post a Comment